Monday, May 21, 2007

Home Sweet Home!!

There was positive and negative at the conclusion of Saturday's round in Kansas City. The negative was that I missed the cut this week (by one) after two tough days of battle with the strongest course we have played all year. The positive was that I get one more day at home. No offense to my family, but I would have rather played golf on Sunday...Sorry!!! Anyway, with the week off, and with my Dad already being in Kansas, I flew home with him and am getting to spend the week here. I will switch modes at the end of this week and be the host of my sister's wedding shower. It's a nice little break from golf, but you can definitely say that I won't be going into the wedding shower business. Not only do I get to throw the shower this weekend, but I am finally getting to see the progress that is being made on the wedding site (the house) and also am able to see the cutest little puppies ever (we have an English Setter and a Golden Retriever for those that don't know). Oh, yeah, I'm also getting to see my family!!

For the second tournament in a row, my Dad made his appearance as caddy!! I never quite know how it's going to go, because when I was younger he always used to be overly intense and spoke when he wasn't always spoken to. (As most of you know, the three up's of caddying are show up, keep up, and shut-up) Anyway, this has not been an issue at all. I have enjoyed every minute of it, and enjoy having him out there. This is almost going as far as a compliment, and generally I only write these things when it's some special day for him (i.e. Father's Day, Christmas, or birthday)...but I'll make an exception this time. I can honestly say that he has a calming effect on me on the golf course. I feel at ease and seem to hit shots that I wouldn't normally hit, but that he makes me believe I have the ability to. It's fun to have a caddy, making it feel more like you have someone on your team, rather than you against the world!! Seeing as how the majority of our tournaments are nowhere near Oregon, and my sister is taking up all of their time planning this wedding, my parents aren't able to be out with me all that often right now. However, when they are it is fun and very appreciated.

Well, next time I write I will be in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The tournament is June 1-3 and will again have live-scoring. I have submitted a blog to the Futures Tour for the weekly player's blog that they post on the website. I will let you know when it is scheduled to be put up as I'm sure that you will all be very anxious to read it!!! Off to have a great week at home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K; What a beautiful tribute to your ever deserving dad. He has and always will be there for you two girls. I love that you can be an active part of your true dream and that you have always been so willing to share it with all of us! Thankyou!! I am so happy to be sharing time with my three special girls this week and I love you all very, very much. Hugs Gm

Anonymous said...

See what old age and senility can do to you...wonderful things?!?! Seriously, you, Kristin, and I have always seen a much softer side of your dad than anyone else has seen. I am glad that you feel safe in his support of you. He has been and continues to be a great dad to both of you in so many ways. I have loved having you home this past week and will miss you when your gone again. Play well and have fun. Love, hugs, and kisses. Mom