Monday, June 4, 2007

Success.......?

Success is defined in the dictionary as degree or measure of succeeding, or a favorable or desired outcome. My week in Lake Geneva would be described as success. I know some of you are thinking..."hmmm, 81-77 and missing the cut, how is that success?" But, that would be my description of choice. I say that because I am getting so close. Again, you're wondering how an 81 and a 77 is getting close to where I want to be. It was a matter of 2 or 3 different swings that cost me a number of strokes and a stretch of poor putting for about 4 or 5 holes. Other than that, I am hitting the ball very well, better than I have been, and gaining the confidence back, slowly. This was the best venue we have been to all season, and I would recommend a vacation to this area to anyone. It is absolutely gorgeous here.

The weather was interesting all week, lots of rain, and many delays. I will leave this morning for Hammond, Indiana, which is only 2 hours away. You have no idea how exciting that sounds after the 10 and 12 hour drives we were doing in Texas. They are having a fun, free, money available to win Par 3 contest today in Hammond. A friend and I are going to play, mostly because we can enter for free and win money, but also because we thought it would be fun and good practice!!

I had fun at home and was disappointed to leave, probably because after being gone for so long a week doesn't seem long enough. Also because I knew I was leaving for 5 weeks and the next time I go home it will be pure craziness with the wedding. It already is craziness there...a word of advice, do not go into the wedding business while planning your own daughter's wedding. There is a lot going on at the Downs' residence and I am not disappointed that I don't have to deal with all of that!!! Good luck with that Mom and Dad. Off to Hammond, until next week...birdies!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always get a warm heart,smile,a tear or two from your writings. You are very much loved always. grannie