Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I would first like to say Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there. If any of you have seen the special article they have on the Future's Tour web page, you will notice that I did not have a story posted there. As it turns out, I wrote one and got it in on time, but failed to send it to the correct email address. Figures huh? My mom said that she wouldn't even have noticed as she probably wouldn't have found it on the website. Anyway, I thought I would take this route of sending a special little message to mom.
I don't have one specific special memory of my mom and I or even a golf story. I do, however, remember very well all of the time and energy my mom has put into my golf for a number of years. Traveling long distances, putting together snacks and sandwiches for the team, carrying all of my extra clothing and umbrella and other crap around the golf course, baring the not-so-kind weather that comes with being a golfer, being a constant in my support system through good and not so good rounds, even caddying sometimes....and the list could go on and on!!! What I'm getting at is how thankful I am for everything that you have done for me mom. You are very loved and very missed. Happy Mother's Day!!!

I enjoyed my short week off last week in Albuquerque. It was so weird to not be playing practice rounds or getting up Friday for a tournament tee time. However, I would be lying if I said that it wasn't kind of nice for a little break!! I drove about 4 hours on Friday night and arrived in Dalhart, TX. For any of you who have never been here, you are not missing out on much. I literally had to drive with one hand covering my nose as I drove the 15 miles into town to refrain from throwing up. I have been through some smelly towns and smelly cow smells before, but this one was in it's own league. I am not sure how people live there, but it is an understatement to tell you that it was stinky!!! I got up on Saturday morning to finish the drive to Kansas City. I had to make a small detour as the highway was closed through Greensburg, KS. The highway that I took instead ran parallel to the highway through Greensburg, and while I'm not certain, I would be willing to be that the tornado swept up through the area I was driving through. There were power lines and poles down, trees completely uprooted and laying everywhere, and huge water system lines overturned and mangled. It was very humbling to think what these people had been through not to long ago. I arrived safely in Kansas City and am fortunate enough to be staying with a host family that I met a couple of years ago when I was here for the Women's Public Links tournament. I have a one day U.S. Women's Open local qualifier tomorrow and then will begin my week for the Future's Tour tournament, which will be held in this area as well, but at a different golf course.

Happy Mother's Day again!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have had it any other way! We've had some great times with all the different teams you and Kristin have been on both with volleyball and golf. Fun times!! I am so, so thankful that I got to be you and Kristin's mom. It is the best the thing (besides marrying your dad!)that I have or will ever do. Have fun and play well. Remember always, you are loved. Mom

Anonymous said...

Desr Kailin, Just to let you know we are following you and love your enthusiasm. Keep up the good work and enjoy the ride. A win would be great. Relax and have fun and it will happen :-) Love from Sandy and Glen Marien in Umatilla (land of the wild turkeys!) Can you believe that is the one and only day we saw those birds?