Thursday, August 23, 2007

In Gettysburg...Ready to go!!

Ok, so I played on Sunday again last weekend, great news...it would be even better though if I would post a low number and move up the leaderboard rather than down. It's coming...soon!! Like now! I went with a friend to the Baltimore Ravens (football) game last Sunday night. She has a friend that plays for the team and got us tickets. I felt like I was at a high school football game in October. I say that because for those of you in Oregon...you know how cold and wet it can be that time of the year. It was freezing!! Unfortunately, ever since Sunday, that is how the weather has been. It's been overcast and on and off raining for 5 days now. I think tomorrow, finally, it's going to break away and it's supposed to be 90.
I have played on this course all week and feel very ready to go. I picked my mom up last night in Baltimore and she got to see the first of many glamorous days in the life of a Futures Tour player. It was a little crazy around the golf course the last couple of days with pro-ams and getting the carts ready and wow, I can't even explain.
I will be playing this weekend for little Peaches. For those of you who don't know, Peaches (our little Bichon Frise) has been with us since I was in Kindergarten. Wow...she was 19 or 20!! That is a really long life for a dog. About 3 or 4 years ago the vet told us she had 3 months to live, and we were fortunate enough to have her this long. Even as I say that, I get teary eyed and can't believe she's gone. I guess it doesn't matter how long you have to prepare for losing someone or something you love, you can't prepare enough for when it actually happens. She has been a great member of our family, along with us for so many volleyball and golf tournaments and I can't even tell you how many times she has gotten into food of ours that we left somewhere on accident. Peaches never missed out on any kind of a meal!!!
This week's for you Peachy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peaches, my four legged wonderful little grand-daughter, who I have dearly loved since the day we picked her out of the group- our little white fur ball--thank you Kailin for devoting your game this week to her. I know how your heart aches as does the rest of ours at her death. She was so loved and cared for and had a long wonderful life. Now she can have all the food and chocolates she wants in doggie heaven. I still laugh at all the times she found you and Kristin's food that was safely in your rooms, bags, and car. She could hardly hide the fact of the cholate find with it smeared all over her white muzzle!!

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about Peaches. I know you loved her dearly and will surely miss her companionship. Your telling me you are feeling peachy with have a whole new meaning now. Your in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

cool, i like your stories!!! You had alot of fun and some great time. I thought the story about three of you trying to score just to be paired up and shooting way off your goal and still ending up together was pretty funny. I will touch base with you soon.