Thursday, August 16, 2007

Catch up time...

I know, I know...I haven't written in a while. It seems that these weeks are all starting to blend together, and by the time I think about writing on the previous week, we are well into the current week and I have more to write about. I keep telling myself that I need to post a blog and it continues to slip my mind. I will just give you an outline of the last few weeks.

I was in Albuquerque for our week off and had a great time being a "normal person" whatever that means!! I went back to Albany, NY to get my car and my friend Kelley and I drove to Concord, NH on what appeared to be back highways, at 10 pm...quite the adventure. We found the house and slipped in quietly around 11:30 that night. The next morning I woke up with bites all over my legs. Yep...it was nice! We still aren't sure what the exact cause was, initially we were thinking bed bugs, but I just don't know. After putting a cover on the mattress, I didn't have any more problems with the bugs. There were 6 of us sharing a bathroom that week and it was small living for the week...needless to say, it was nice to pull out of there on Sunday.

Then on the way over to Morgantown, WV (11 hours) Kelley and I stopped to see my good friend Sara and her husband in New York City. We stayed one night with them in their apartment. I definitely confirmed the fact that I am not a big city girl. Way too many people, way too many cars, not enough space. I definitely missed the open land and mountain views of home while we were there for the night. I just couldn't do it!! Also a quick note to say that when my mom and I go to the city next week to sight see...we will be taking the public transportation into the city as I hate driving there! People just make their own rules and lanes and oh my goodness do they ever like their horns?!! Makes me nervous.

I played last week in Morgantown, WV and we had some more than interesting weather. When we arrived, the course had already seen 12 straight days of rain...so the course was wet to say the least. For the days leading up to the tournament, we had huge storms every afternoon. And I mean huge!!! Thursday's practice rounds were all messed up because the course was nearly unplayable. The back 9 was even closed. I happened to have the first tee time Friday morning, and boy was it wet!! I played well for 2 days...well, for about 33 holes. I had a few oops' and they ended up costing me making the cut.

Now on to the good stuff....I am in the most gorgeous, relaxing, fun, awesome place ever. Through friends of friends, I have housing this week in a huge home on the water in Queenstown, Maryland. They have 5 girls staying here this week, if that gives you an idea of the size. 2 boats, 2 sea-doos, a pool...wow!!! Kelley and I went sailing with a friend of hers the other night ( a first for me...and I decided that it's just too much work when you can turn on an engine and drive a regular boat!!!) I know, I'm boring. Yesterday after our day on the golf course we came back and went on the Sea-Doos. Funny story on that real quick. They have a rubber/plastic type of ramp/dock that they store the sea-doos on. Well, we were putting the covers back on them and I was walking behind the machine pulling the cover over the back. There is a rather large hole in the dock (one that's supposed to be there) and I backed right into it, fell into the water, hitting my whole left side on the plastic dock on the way down. Good news - no serious injuries...it could have been bad! Bad news - I'm going to have a bruise covering my entire left hip and leg. It hurts to roll over in bed!!! Good one Kailin!!! I am told that is a first, so i guess I will leave my mark on this house after all. Our plan today after practicing this morning, as the course is closed to us for the pro-ams, is to come back and enjoy all of these fun toys and relax!! My bed might just eat me this week...meaning, I just melt into it! So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are living the life this week!!!

I promise to write more often, this week when the week is over...I promise!! My mom is coming to caddy for next week's mandatory caddy event in Gettysburg, PA. She gets here on Wednesday and I'm very excited! Come to think of it, I don't think she's seen me play as a professional! Not that it's any different...still a golf ball and a golf course! But, I don't think she has. We should have a lot of fun and plan to see some fun stuff while we're over here also!

Living rough in Queenstown!!! ~Kailin

No comments: