Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another lesson learned...

I will get to the lesson I learned in a minute. First, an update on my last couple of Cactus Tour events. February 20-22 we played at Las Colinas and I shot 75-65-73 to finish tied for 5th. That tied my low career round (the 65 that is) although this course was a par 71 rather than a par 72. Still, 65's are fun any day anywhere!!!

February 25-27 I played at Trilogy at Vistancia. I was staying with a friend of mine, who plays for the LPGA, AJ Eathorne, and another player Annie Young stayed with us as well. After the first round, we had plans to shoot 63 (AJ), 65 (me), and a 68 (for Annie) so that we could all be paired together the last round. Well, we didn't shoot those scores, instead 73, 73, 75 respectively, and still ended up being paired together. We had a good laugh about it and knew we would enjoy the round regardless. It was kind of fun because my college coach, Jackie, flew in Tuesday night before the last round to caddy for me on Wednesday and accompany me on the drive back to Albuquerque. AJ Eathorne was her player at New Mexico State a while back, so she enjoyed being able to caddy for me and watch AJ all at the same time. Like I said, the company was great, we had a great time, we just wished the golf had been better that day. I shot 75-73-78 to miss a check by 2 strokes. GRRRR!!!

Ok, so for the lesson I learned. After seeing that I was quite a ways back on the alternate list for the first two Futures Tour events in Florida, I changed my plans around and withdrew my name from the list, so that I could cancel my plane tickets and make plans to play elsewhere. Well, seeing where everything is right now, about a week before the first Futures Tour tournament in Lakeland, it looks as though I would have either gotten in or been one of the first 2 on the alternate list. I say lesson learned because obviously I won't be making those decisions so quickly next time, however, in my defense, I didn't forsee myself getting in and wanted to make sure to have plans to play somewhere else. It looks as though I will get in to the McAllen event, and maybe even the week before in Lafayette. I'm pretty hopeful for the El Paso event too, but will have to wait longer to find out on that one.

I have plans to go home for a couple of weeks for Easter and stuff...so I'm excited for that. It's always fun to go home and see the fam!!! (just for a little while though!)

As always...birdies, birdies, birdies!!
~Kailin

2 comments:

Luke & Kristin said...

a little while is right.. because we can't handle you much longer than that.
;-)

Anonymous said...

What's this "just a little while" stuff?!?! You know you love and miss us and can't wait to see us once your on the road.....right? Glad your playing well and most of all having fun. See you soon.
Love, hugs, and kisses, Mom