Friday, January 4, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year...I'm very behind!!!

Does it seem to the rest of you that Thanksgiving and Christmas and the infamous "New Year's Eve" come faster and faster each year? (I say "New Year's Eve" like that because I dislike the evening very much as it is always such a build up and a huge let down!!!) Whenever anyone asks me what my favorite time of year is I always answer without hesitation...summer!!! If I were to really put some thought into it though, it would have to be winter. I love being home with my family. I love all of our traditions (even though some are done with much less enthusiasm than others...hunting with Dad, no offense Dad!!). Most of all, as much as I complain about the cold weather, I love waking up Christmas morning to a cold, snow and frost covered yard!!! I don't think Christmas would be Christmas for us without the wintry weather to go along with it. I don't think it matters so much what you do for your Christmas traditions, but rather that you have them and that you are around friends and family. It is definitely my favorite time of the year!

So, as you can see, I have had a great time at home the last couple of weeks. I came home the week before Christmas and am waiting anxiously for our annual trip to Mazatlan, Mexico as we leave in about a week, on the 13th. We are all very ready for some warm weather, and knowing how gorgeous and relaxing it is there, it can't come fast enough!!!

My year is not quite as planned out like it was last year. I have limited status, due to my struggle at the qualifying school in November. I have some status based on my finish on last year's money list. Based off of the last few year's information, I should be able to get into most events. And the even better news is, I can improve my status as the year goes on, if I am getting into events and playing well. So...there's the plan!! Right now, I am planning to head back south at the end of the month and spend a chunk of time in Phoenix, preparing for the season and playing in a couple of Cactus Tour events. Our schedule for the Futures Tour is kind of funky this year as we have one event in early March and then a large break until the second nearly a month later. So, as of right now, my plan is to be in that kickoff event and then come back to spend some more time in Phoenix. As I said, it's difficult to plan the year in much detail, not knowing how many events I will get into...but hey, who says a little adventure isn't good for you?!

I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season with your families and that 2008 treats everyone very well. I plan to see lots of you this year...if my schedule allows it! So, keep checking your emails because you never know when I could be pulling through your area!

Happy New Year...and we're off to a great 2008!!

1 comment:

Luke & Kristin said...

it also wouldn't be Christmas without waking up at 6:30.. especially with the aid of the CHRISTMAS DOGS!